<< Back to all Blogs
Login or Create your own free blog
Home > Cabin Update

Cabin Update

November 25th, 2007 at 08:17 am

We are waiting for the materials cost of the kit. We should have the quote by this week. Next step is to go to the general contractor and get his quote so that we can apply for a construction loan. I'm a little nervous b/c I have heard that the lending standards have become so tight. We are putting 25% down and we already own the property. I am currenty trying to get my credit score into the 800-850 range so that I look really good on paper in preparation for the loan. Keeping my fingers crossed!

2 Responses to “Cabin Update”

  1. nika Says:

    Lorie, please keep us updated!
    on the quote, what is included, how much it will actually end up costing, what is the utilities situation...

    I am also dreaming of building a modest cabin 2-3 hours from NYC!

    And I don't know anyone else in the area who had been through the process.

  2. moneycents Says:

    Sure, I would be happy to keep you updated. And our property is about 31/2 hrs from where we live on Long Island in upstate NY.

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
Will not be published.

* Please spell out the number 4.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]